Velaa Private Island is part of the Noonu atoll situated towards the northwest edge of the Maldives archipelago. The Island, at just less than 20 hectares in size (500m x 400m), is small. Velaa Private Island is the realisation of a dream to create a ‘beyond luxury’ ultra-exclusive boutique hideaway. It is a scenic seaplane flight of 45 minutes from Male’ International Airport is a fusion of elegance and contemporary luxury.
Imagine the definitive ultimate beach residence. With four bedrooms accommodating up to 10 guests, a rarity in the Maldives, the Velaa Private Residences offer elegant contemporary design and 1,350 square metres of private interior and exterior space, inclusive of two terraces, a pool and a courtyard.
Secluded on a pristine private beach, the carefully curated interiors deliver comfort, style and elegance in equal measures. These two-storey detached residences are laid out with privacy in mind. Each of the four bedrooms face the ocean across a stretch of icing sugar sand; the first floor bedrooms have generous balconies, while the ground floor rooms open onto the pool. Indoor and outdoor bathrooms are connected by a garden atrium.
Flanked by two gazebos for dining, relaxation or playing, the pool reflects the ocean and is the central focus. Behind the living space a gym, spa room and outdoor living area offer plenty of quiet spaces to retire to. These residences set a new level of ultimate luxury in the Maldives for friends and families alike.
On this island you will also find Velaa Golf Academy by Ozabal, the only “Short Game Golf Academy” in the Maldives.
The villa is not suitable for children who cannot swim, nor the physically disabled.
- Residence size 1, 349 sqm
- Private, two-storey detached residences
- Each of the 4 bedrooms faces the ocean
- King and queen size beds
- The first floor bedrooms have lavish balconies
- The ground floor open onto the pool.
- Living Room and Dining Area
- Massage Room; Private Gym; Spa
- Gazebo With Day Bed
- Bathroom Garden; Outdoor Bathroom
- Gazebo with Dining Area, Outdoor Kitchen & Pool Table
- Terrace; Outdoor Shower
- Living Room Atrium; Swimming Pool area
- Personal butler
- Complimentary high speed wireless internet connection across the island
- High definition LED televisions with satellite channels
- DVD player – on request; Plug-and-play facilities for MP3 players
- iPod docking station; Electronic safe
- 220V british plugpoints – adaptors available
Activities and Facilities
The following activities and facilities are available throughout the resort:
- 3 restaurants and 2 bars, with the renowned Michelin’s chef, Adeline Grattard
- Spa treatments and massages
- Gymnasium; yoga sessions
- Scuba diving; Snorkeling
- Sailing – Weta trimaran or Topcat K1 catamaran
- Bahtheli Boats; Sea scooters
- Stand-up paddle Board; Wake boarding; Water ski-ing
- Tow-able inflatables; Para sailing; Kite surfing
- Semi submarine for 2 people; Yacht cruises
- 6m rock climbing wall; Tennis; Squash
- Football field; Beach volleyball; Table Tennis
- Velaa Golf Academy by Olazabal, with tuition
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Kids Club (4-12 years)
- A boutique; Library
- The largest wine cellar in the Maldives
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- In-villa spa treatments, yoga and Pilates sessions
- Baby sitting service
- In villa dining
- All services offered can be tailored to exactly how you want them